Custom Fabricated Stainless Steel Plough Blenders
Also commonly known as Plough Shear Mixers, Stainless Tank and Mix offer Plough Blenders designed for blending powdered product that requires a more aggressive shear action.
This blending is achieved in a cylindrical tank by using a centrally mounted high-speed solid shaft rotor. Choppers can be included which provide an even more intense shearing action particularly required where the introduction of liquids are involved.
Plough blenders traditionally provide quicker mixing than ribbon blenders, but require more power to achieve this.
Our standard materials of construction includes stainless steel grade 304, 316 and 316L, but other material can be used on request. We use 3D Modelling and engineering drawings to convey proposals to suit individual customer requirements
Items to be considered when purchasing a plough blender are:
- How with the raw materials be loaded – by hand or mechanically conveyed to the blender (or both)?
- Do the shaft seals need to be air purged.
- Is dust a major issue and if so should a dust extraction point be included in the lid?
- Will the blender be mounted through a mezzanine floor or will it require its own stand?
- Pneumatically or manually operated discharge valve?
- Does the product need to be heated or cooled while mixing?
- Does the mixer need to have a vacuum applied when the product is mixing?